POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Science fiction modellers? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Science fiction modellers? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jeff Lee
Subject: Science fiction modellers?
Date: 14 May 1999 10:16:37
Message: <373c2235.0@news.povray.org>
Any science fiction modellers out there?

The SciFi-Art website (http://www.scifi-art.com/) has forums devoted to
TrueSpace, Lightwave and 3D Studio Max, but no POV-Ray stuff.  When I
asked one of the site admins about it, he said they only provide forums
for programs that have a lot of users.

So if there are any science-fiction POV-Ray modellers who would like to
join me in requesting such a forum, please drop a line to the admin,
<tac### [at] club-internetfr>, and let him know you're a POV-Ray user who
enjoys creating science fiction models, and you'd like to see some
POV-Ray representation on their site!

--
Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet        http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/

  "The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality
  is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

Post a reply to this message

> TrueSpace, Lightwave and 3D Studio Max, but no POV-Ray stuff.  When I
> asked one of the site admins about it, he said they only provide forums
> for programs that have a lot of users.

That should be, "we only provide forums for programs that have a lot of
users that give a crap about our website".

Post a reply to this message

>> TrueSpace, Lightwave and 3D Studio Max, but no POV-Ray stuff.  When I
>> asked one of the site admins about it, he said they only provide forums
>> for programs that have a lot of users.
>
> That should be, "we only provide forums for programs that have a lot of
> users that give a crap about our website".

That's one way to look at it, sure.  A kinder way of looking at it is
that at least they're *willing* to provide forums for users of other
renderers, if there's a demand for it.