POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rocks Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Rocks (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Chris Harrison
Subject: Rocks
Date: 15 May 1999 08:47:57
Message: <373D5EF5.47619F4A@btinternet.com>
How could I create realistic, randomly shaped rocks (needed to be looked
at when close-up), which look like anything from small boulders and
space dust, to asteroids and planetoids. I would like to create a
ringed-planet scene (like the one in the intro to Star Trek Voyager)
with something above the rings which would reflect on to them. But as I
said, I need a close up - so I can't use spheres and get away with it ;)
Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris Harrison
http://www.ChrisHarrison.co.uk/

Post a reply to this message

Chris Harrison <har### [at] btinternetcom> wrote in message
> How could I create realistic, randomly shaped rocks (needed to be looked
> at when close-up), which look like anything from small boulders and
> space dust, to asteroids and planetoids. I would like to create a
> ringed-planet scene (like the one in the intro to Star Trek Voyager)
> with something above the rings which would reflect on to them. But as I
> said, I need a close up - so I can't use spheres and get away with it ;)
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Chris Harrison
> http://www.ChrisHarrison.co.uk/

Post a reply to this message

In my macro collection, which Ken posted in povray.binaries.utilities
for me(Thanks Ken!), there is a rock macro. I created it to make small,
stream-worn stones and pebbles, but it might be useful for this.

Post a reply to this message