POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Metal normal. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:55 EDT (-0400)
  Metal normal. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Spider
Subject: Metal normal.
Date: 9 May 1999 11:08:30
Message: <373594EE.5A6BFEE2@bahnhof.se>
Hello. I've been modelling a bit on a pice of decoration here, one of the few
real-life objects I've been doing after measurements and aiming for a good scale
of things..

I'm rather satisfied with the model as  it is, but I have a really hard time
getting the texture to look "right" .

It is a silver texture, fairly dull (i've got this one). But then the hard part
comes. It's brushed in a spiral pattern (a disc in the x-z plane, radius approx
5 pov). I've tried using the spiral patterns, but I can't seem to get them thin
enough to look good without a great deal of "interference"(the best description
I have)

does anyone have tips/ideas for a solution to this ?
--
//Spider    --  [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]
And the meek'll inherit what they damn well please

Post a reply to this message