POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Getting Superpatch and UVPov to co-exist with 3.1e Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Getting Superpatch and UVPov to co-exist with 3.1e (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Tim Riley
Subject: Getting Superpatch and UVPov to co-exist with 3.1e
Date: 4 May 1999 15:12:59
Message: <372F38A9.2883E8C0@its.bldrdoc.gov>
At first, I thought I could live without the editor in either the Superpatch
version or Nathan Kopp's UV version, but I got tired of having to clear the
"Incorrect DLL version" error message every time I fired either one up. I
figured that there was a better way than the batch file method; here it is:

* In your POV directory, create a sub-directory named "bun".
* Place all files related to Superpatch (the executable, which I re-named
  spengine.exe to eliminate confusion, cmax101.dll, the three i_*.dll files),
  and/or UVPov (the executable).
* Put an old version of cmedit.dll (from version 3.1d or earlier) in "bun".
* Using an hex editor (I used UltraEdit) open up each of the executables
  and search for the first instance of the string "bin". It occurs in the
  string "bun\cmedit.dll". In the Superpatch executable, it's located at
  location 0xc4f96, in UVPov it's at 0xbd83e.
* Change "bin" to "bun" (make sure you're doing this in hex mode).

That's it. Make sure your shortcuts point to the new location of the
executables. All three versions can now co-exist.

|               Tim Riley                 |
| Institute for Telecommunication Science |
|     National Telecommunications and     |
|       Information Administration        |
|          US Dept. of Commerce           |
|            Boulder, Colorado            |
|      E-mail:tri### [at] itsbldrdocgov      |
|     Per favore spenga le Sue scarpe     |
|  davanti abbandonare il nave spaziale.  |