POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : spare computer time - beowulf parallel computer Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  spare computer time - beowulf parallel computer (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Andrew McCabe
Subject: spare computer time - beowulf parallel computer
Date: 18 Apr 1999 16:12:20
Message: <371A2E36.92150EBA@worldnet.att.net>
i have a small beowulf cluster currently idle for about 22 hours a day
i have installed and set up PVMPOV with POVRAY 3.0 (linux) to do
parallel rendering, and it works quite well.  at the moment my cluster
consists of 3 pII 266 machines, and im adding another dual p133 machine
- all on a 100 mbps local ethernet.  as prt of my project, i have to
present my results to my class sometime in may.  i have tested most of
the images included with povray, but id like to do some larger jobs as
well.  if you happen to have a large rendering job, please drop me an
email.

i have been asked about povray 3.1 - at the moment there is no PVM patch
for 3.1, so im stuck with 3.0

you will be given full credit for any images i render and use as part of
my testing for my report

email me if you have any questions - spy### [at] whidnet

thanx
--andrew mccabe

Post a reply to this message