POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A tribute to Gilles Tran Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  A tribute to Gilles Tran (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: A tribute to Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Apr 1999 23:30:53
Message: <371943dd.0@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran, mention his name and there are only good things to be said
about him.

I'd just like to take this opportunity ONCE AGAIN, to thank Gilles for his
amazing work.

If you don't know what I mean, all you have to do is visit his website... It
leaves you speechless.  Gilles seems to be able to consistently produce
images of amazingly high quality, and more importantly, his art conveys
meaning and emotion in a way which I've never experienced before.  Gilles
seems to be able to translate his thoughts into images which are vibrant,
colourful and always leave you wondering how he did it.  I'm looking at his
site right now and I just can't believe that he's so good.  Makes me want to
just give up sometimes  :-)  But then of course I'm always inspired by his
images and words and looking at such a phantasmagorical site always makes me
want to do better.

I'm sure everyone knows this feeling, and I think that I really owe a lot to
Gilles, who has opened my eyes to what is possible in the world of 3D art.

Thankyou Gilles.

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/colorblind

Post a reply to this message

His trees are cool, but his site, I don't understand. Some are very nice images,
but I don't really get the message. Maybe it's just me.

Post a reply to this message