POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Farewell CompuServe Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Farewell CompuServe (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: Re: Farewell CompuServe
Date: 7 Apr 1999 02:28:46
Message: <370AED89.C7ED6582@compuserve.com>
(sorry for the repost, wrong date... I still wonder why the server
takes the sender's computer's date, instead of putting his own date)

My .02 Euros about the Cserve Povray forum.

Using a Cserve account since 3 years, I think that the latest news are
good news.
The povray forum had 2 advantage over the internet :
- early access to beta releases
- contacting the pov-team directly

But, since approx 1,5 years, the Pov-activity over the Internet has
grown so much :
- ever-growing IRTC
- news.povray.org, with *hot* discussions, many people listening and
talking, new images everyday...
- useful sites as twysted.net, and related macrostation, links, etc...
- increasing number of people playing with sources, making patches...
- a very nice "communauty" spirit.

in comparison, the Cserve forum looked very pale;  those who didn't had
access to these
shouldn't regret it !

Now that things are gonna move, my only hope is that the Pov-Team won't
be bothered too much
by people who will abuse of their new "reachability".  (you know,
problems like the ones they
had with POV 2 public betas).

I think that, as a communauty, it's part of our responsibility to help
avoid such problems.

Cheers,
Fabien.

Post a reply to this message