POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : about secondary programs Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  about secondary programs (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: k j  backhuys
Subject: about secondary programs
Date: 4 Apr 1999 20:53:12
Message: <3707fb68.0@news.povray.org>
A lot of the sources that can be downloaded from the IRTC-site are
incomplete and/or refer to 'secundary' programs that generate POVRAY-files.
The regular ones, like MORAY, Fractint and Povlab can easily be found. But
what about NKFLare, SPatch, POSER 2, HFlab, etc.? Despite all my searches on
the Net, I can not find them.
 It would be convenient if this POVRAY-site (the mother of all
POVRAY-sites!) could give a list of links to the sites where these
programmes can be downloaded. It would be a big help to me, and I am sure to
many other raytrace-fanatics!

y.c.

Kees-Jan Backhuys.

Post a reply to this message

Curious, because I recognize all of those you mentioned and they are
findable enough I would have thought.
NKFlare for one is Nathan Kopps lens flare include (although not too
long ago I couldn't find his web pages myself).
Like everything else these are scattered around as various links at
peoples web pages as you said. Maybe Twysted Mynd is doing a collective
links as part of the upkeep of the povray.org site. Who knows? He would
probably, that's who...

 mailto:twy### [at] twystednet

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

> A lot of the sources that can be downloaded from the IRTC-site are
> incomplete and/or refer to 'secundary' programs that generate POVRAY-files.
> The regular ones, like MORAY, Fractint and Povlab can easily be found. But
> what about NKFLare, SPatch, POSER 2, HFlab, etc.? Despite all my searches on
> the Net, I can not find them.
>  It would be convenient if this POVRAY-site (the mother of all
> POVRAY-sites!) could give a list of links to the sites where these
> programmes can be downloaded. It would be a big help to me, and I am sure to
> many other raytrace-fanatics!
>
> y.c.
>
> Kees-Jan Backhuys.

Post a reply to this message

> A lot of the sources that can be downloaded from the IRTC-site are
> incomplete and/or refer to 'secundary' programs that generate POVRAY-files.
> The regular ones, like MORAY, Fractint and Povlab can easily be found. But
> what about NKFLare, SPatch, POSER 2, HFlab, etc.? Despite all my searches on
> the Net, I can not find them.
>  It would be convenient if this POVRAY-site (the mother of all
> POVRAY-sites!) could give a list of links to the sites where these
> programmes can be downloaded. It would be a big help to me, and I am sure to
> many other raytrace-fanatics!
>
> y.c.
>
> Kees-Jan Backhuys.

 I can understand your frustration. There is hope for you ahead though. I
have over 400 links that will be going onto my own web page hopefully within
2 weeks time. There is enough material and programs available through these
links to easily fill a 1 gig hard drive and good chunk of a second one if you
are ambitious enough.

  I'll make a public announcement if and when it becomes a reality.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net