POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height fields Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Height fields (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Steven Jones
Subject: Height fields
Date: 4 Apr 1999 05:29:10
Message: <370722D3.E4869EEC@tsn.cc>
Does anyone know how to make an overhang on a height field?

Post a reply to this message

From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: Height fields
Date: 4 Apr 1999 10:05:09
Message: <37076385.0@news.povray.org>
Well, it can't be done... not with normal height fields anyway... (because
remember, it just gets height from the image...)

There are several ways aroung it though...

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know how to make an overhang on a height field?

--
//Spider
        [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]

Post a reply to this message

>Well, it can't be done... not with normal height fields anyway... (because
>remember, it just gets height from the image...)
>
>There are several ways aroung it though...

Well, you're a lot of help :)

What several ways do you have in mind?

Margus

Post a reply to this message

import in Breeze and convert to a mesh... :-)
or use a tool for it. (sorry, I don't have the time to write one)