POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : diffusion maps?? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  diffusion maps?? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rick
Subject: diffusion maps??
Date: 26 Mar 1999 21:15:22
Message: <36fc3f3a.0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
Just came accross this lightwave page, http://www.arance.net/textures.htm

and was wondering if diffusion maps or something similar are possable in
POV?

Rick

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: diffusion maps??
Date: 28 Mar 1999 02:50:36
Message: <36FDDF47.419ABFC5@aol.com>
This is similar to a diffusion type thing requested before.
A way to change the diffuse reflection (not actual reflection but
instead light interaction on a surface). This was interesting to see
since all I had thought of was a global 'diffuse' counterpart to control
overall contrast in a scene. This sort of thing would be worth much in
POV-Ray I believe. A diffuse_map would be great, don't you all think?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe