POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reccomend a 3-D mesh-based modeler? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  reccomend a 3-D mesh-based modeler? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: reccomend a 3-D mesh-based modeler?
Date: 3 Mar 1999 23:34:58
Message: <36de0d72.0@news.povray.org>
I've bought Poser reciently, and although I still like CSG for overall scene
construction I can see the need for surfaced-based 3-D models incorporated
into a scene.

Poser will pose figures, but can't tweek them afterwards or invent new
things.  There are lots of 3-D models available for download.

So what program should I get to work on these, assuming POV is my ultimate
consumer?

Do these models come in different types?  The file I saw exported from Poser
uses a triangle mesh, but bezier patches would work better 'cause POV itself
adjusts the number of actual polygons used as needed.  Do models come this
way?  Do programs generally manipulate these?

TIA,
--John