POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Try this Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Try this (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Re: Try this
Date: 28 Feb 1999 12:54:02
Message: <36D9838F.60660029@geocities.com>
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Rudy Velthuis
Subject: Re: WARNING! STOOPID UNINSTALLER! (was - Re: Try this)
Date: 28 Feb 1999 12:58:51
Message: <36d983db.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team schrieb in Nachricht
<36da3e80.37375343@news.povray.org>...
>"Rudy Velthuis" <rve### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>
>>I've never seen an uninstaller before, which also
>>uninstalls things it never installed. I was really mad!
>
>I've never seen it do this. It is only (supposed) to uninstall the things
it
>installed. Are you sure about this ? I've uninstalled POVWIN many, many
times,
>and it's always left detrius behind.

I am very sure. I also had a hard time believing it, but the entire
directory, including the subdirectories I made, was gone. This must be a
"glitch" in the Wise installer/uninstaller.

Normally, uninstallers then say: couldn't delete directory "blabla", and
leave it as it is. Unwise didn't do that here.

Post a reply to this message

>I am very sure. I also had a hard time believing it, but the entire
>directory, including the subdirectories I made, was gone. This must be a
>"glitch" in the Wise installer/uninstaller.
>
>Normally, uninstallers then say: couldn't delete directory "blabla", and
>leave it as it is. Unwise didn't do that here.

Happend to me too, I lost my IRTC Entry Source files among other things :(,
at least I managed to upload the image before this disaster.

Peter H.

Post a reply to this message