POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Check this out!!! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Check this out!!! (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Anthony Bennett
Subject: Check this out!!!
Date: 22 Feb 1999 22:38:00
Message: <36D2241A.40B29D05@panama.phoenix.net>
Attention POV-Team

I found a cool primitive that HAS got to be included in POV-Ray now! It
is very cool!!!
(Check out the upper folder [modelling], it has good stuff too).

http://www.mhri.edu.au/~pdb/modelling/supertoroid/

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Check this out!!!
Date: 22 Feb 1999 22:53:58
Message: <36D225E4.559D601A@pacbell.net>
Anthony Bennett wrote:

> Attention POV-Team
>
> I found a cool primitive that HAS got to be included in POV-Ray now! It
> is very cool!!!
> (Check out the upper folder [modelling], it has good stuff too).
>
> http://www.mhri.edu.au/~pdb/modelling/supertoroid/

I guess the equivelant would be a superellipsoid like object that takes
the form of a torus. I see possiblities for this shape. If not an official
primitive addition one of the patchs might pick it up. Nice of them to
provide the C code for it.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

> I found a cool primitive that HAS got to be included in POV-Ray now! It
> is very cool!!!
> (Check out the upper folder [modelling], it has good stuff too).
>
> http://www.mhri.edu.au/~pdb/modelling/supertoroid/

Ron or lutz please add this to the next versions! please!

Post a reply to this message