POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : textures and CSG objects Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  textures and CSG objects (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: textures and CSG objects
Date: 21 Feb 1999 00:39:22
Message: <36cf9c0a.0@news.povray.org>
When I apply a texture to a union, it appears that it affects only those
parts of the union that don't already have a texture.  Is that correct?
What about other compound CSG objects?

--John

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike
Subject: Re: textures and CSG objects
Date: 21 Feb 1999 01:57:54
Message: <36CFAD5F.2AC77A54@aol.com>
That's right.  The idea is that you can apply one texture to the whole
object by just adding it to the union or difference, but if you want to
have one part have a different texture you can do so in the object used
for that part.  Say you have a white object differenced from a red one.
The space that the white objects cuts will be white and the rest will be
red.  Same thing with intersection.  The surface that belongs to the
white object will be white and the red object's surface will be red.
But if you don't include any texture definition the color will be
whatever you specify at the end.

-Mike