POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A POV game--CSG football Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  A POV game--CSG football (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: A POV game--CSG football
Date: 30 Jan 1999 10:26:19
Message: <36b3249b.0@news.povray.org>
Is there some way to use povray to play some kind of game?  Something
like a battle of macros which is something like CSG football?

If there were a version of POV which had both macros and a TRACE
function, you could design an intelligent macro that would look for
objects ahead of it (ie., the object of the opposing macro) and move
intelligently to avoid them.   Then, something like a Case's Ladder
could determine the champion after a series of one-on-one matches. Here,
each team would have a set of standard "objects".

Alternatively, I'm thinking that one could play a football or minefield
game with CSG, where one creatively places a bunch of  "mines" (or
high-fat candy bars, for us pacifists) in the path of the opposing
player's object. One then creates an image where one says,

difference{
          object{MyPlayer}
          intersection{
                       object{MyPlayer}
                       object{Opponents_Obstacle}
                       scale 2000
                       }
          }

Here, if MyPlayer intersects at all with Opponents_Obstacle, it
disappears (I already see one bug here, but you get the point).  The
Opponents_Obstacle would first have to be intersected with a unit cube
or something to keep the player from making an infinite sphere.

I suppose the whole thing could crumble if superior coders figure out a
way to break whatever rules we would set up. I'm convinced that's what
was happening in all those WarCraft matches I lost!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (3 KB)