POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lazy news server... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:39:03 EDT (-0400)
  Lazy news server... (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Julius Klatte
Subject: Lazy news server...
Date: 25 Jan 1999 06:05:58
Message: <36ac5016.0@news.povray.org>
Could somebody please explain why the pov news server seems
to time out every five minutes or so? Every time I start
downloading messages, there seems to be some moment that the
server seems much too busy... I have to wait two minutes or
so before the selected new messages start appearing again.
It's driving me crazy!

Julius

Post a reply to this message

> Could somebody please explain why the pov news server seems
> to time out every five minutes or so? Every time I start
> downloading messages, there seems to be some moment that the
> server seems much too busy... I have to wait two minutes or
> so before the selected new messages start appearing again.
> It's driving me crazy!
>
> Julius

If it is any consolation it happens to me too.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

>> Could somebody please explain why the pov news server seems
>> to time out every five minutes or so? Every time I start
>> downloading messages, there seems to be some moment that the
>> server seems much too busy... I have to wait two minutes or
>> so before the selected new messages start appearing again.
>> It's driving me crazy!
>>
>> Julius
>
> If it is any consolation it happens to me too.

Yes, to me, too.

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message