POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Waveforms Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Waveforms (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Spider
Subject: Waveforms
Date: 28 Feb 1999 15:59:38
Message: <36D9ACB7.261DC9FC@bahnhof.se>
What waveform is used in a bozo as default ?? I can't seem to find it, perhaps
i'm blind...

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Waveforms
Date: 28 Feb 1999 16:14:54
Message: <36D9B136.95E0DED7@pacbell.net>
Spider wrote:

> What waveform is used in a bozo as default ?? I can't seem to find it, perhaps
> i'm blind...
>
> --
> //Spider
> ( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]
> #declare life = rand(seed(42))*sqrt(-1);

From the official Pov-Ray documentions under section Patterns the
following was returned:

------------------------

The following sections describe each pattern. See the sections "Pigment", "Normal",
"Patterned
Textures" and "Density" for more details on how to use patterns. Unless mentioned
otherwise, all
patterns use the

 -> ramp_wave wave type by default <-

but may use any wave type and may be used with color_map, pigment_map,
normal_map, slope_map, texture_map, density, and density_map.

------------------------

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

By default it uses ramp_wave. By using any other wave type you get
leopard-like spots.

Margus

Spider wrote in message <36D9ACB7.261DC9FC@bahnhof.se>...
>What waveform is used in a bozo as default ?? I can't seem to find it,
perhaps
>i'm blind...

Post a reply to this message

Thanx, i thought I had read it all, appearantly not then :-)