POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : skin texture? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  skin texture? (Message 6 to 15 of 25)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: Re: skin texture?
Date: 24 Feb 1999 23:08:26
Message: <36d4ccba.0@news.povray.org>
Marc Schimmler wrote in message <36D417D3.9980B783@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>...
>Has anybody made a texture in POV that comes close to that one or this
>just a feature these $$$$$$-programms provide?
>
>Maybe we should skip the grass for a few days and start a competition on
>skin texture!

I was just musing over that today.  I don't have any skills in creating
fancy POV textures myself, but I was thinking that material on "wax museum"
figures might help.  The reason wax figures look so real is because the wax
is translucent and the color permiates, in the same manner as skin.  This is
as opposed to being painted on the surface.  So, information on working in
wax -- what colors to blend, what layers to deposit, what surface texture to
stipple on, and so forth could be translated into POV simulations.

--John

Post a reply to this message