POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gimp... OffTopic Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Gimp... OffTopic (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Re: Gimp... OffTopic
Date: 19 Feb 1999 00:17:21
Message: <36CCF4AC.2E9B1D82@geocities.com>
tiff and tga both start with 'T', that's about it  :-)

tiff are used a lot in publishing, printing etc.
Targa files were used a lot with Truevision graphics cards. I started using them
because they were about the only cross-platform truecolor format that was
standard at the time. Sure beats the pants off of .pcx

Stephen Lavedas wrote:

> I seem to recall that tiffs and tgas are related...am I wrong?
>
> Steve

Post a reply to this message