POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CD Cover Art;Electrum Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:12:16 EDT (-0400)
  CD Cover Art;Electrum (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Phil Clute
Subject: CD Cover Art;Electrum
Date: 11 Feb 1999 21:55:17
Message: <36C39963.964C9063@tiac.net>
<HTML>

<P>Would anyone be interested in submitting Art for the cover of a music
<BR>CD?
<BR>Here are the Details:
<BR>Electrum is an independent instrumental progressive rock trio from
the
<BR>New England area. Their influences range from progressive rock to Jazz
<BR>to Classical music.
<BR>They are working on their second CD(You can check out music from their
<BR>first CD, as well as the bands history, etc. at their website; the
link
<BR>is below) and they are in need of some art for the cover.
<BR>  Now I'm sure you want to know if there is money in this...the
answer
<BR>is no. Electrum is too small at this time. However, you will recieve
<BR>free CD and the joy of having your
<BR>art printed on it, and of course your name will be printed in the
<BR>credits as the artist.

<P>    If you made it past the "no money" part here is more
you should
<BR>know:
<BR> 1.Electrum will select art based on what they feel is most appropriate
<BR>for the CD
<BR>and not what might be the best "raytraced" image. That is to say, even
<BR>though parsing
<BR>time took 3 days for one image. They may very well select another image
<BR>that took only 1/2 an hour.
<BR> 2. The title for the CD has not been decided upon. The working
title
<BR>they are going
<BR>by is Symbiosis, but this is only a tentative title...So you will have
<BR>the freedom to explore
<BR>different ideas, and consequently the title may be inspired by the
art.
<BR>3. The CD will not be completed until probably September1999 so there
is
<BR>plenty of
<BR>time to work on this.

<P>**You may reply to me if you have any questions.**
<BR>**All submissions should come to my e-mail address above.
<BR>If your art is already posted on a website then please send a URL
<BR>instead.**

<P>The Electrum Website: <A
HREF="http://www.nh.ultranet.com/~tomservo">http://www.nh.ultranet.com/~tomservo</A>
<BR> </HTML>

Post a reply to this message

Hey, this is great.  I wish there were more posts like this.  Really
gets the creative juices flowin'.  You can count on a submission from
me. :-)

	Kyle