POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Official Pov CD Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Q: Official Pov CD (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ken
Subject: Q: Official Pov CD
Date: 4 Feb 1999 22:24:13
Message: <36BA6429.5A87EAD9@pacbell.net>
I noticed the official Pov-Ray CD is no longer available
at aussie.org.

Anybody know if there is a new version in the works and if
so what kind of time frame is involved before it is released.

Also there was talk, posted by the admin team here, of a
new un-official CD, unsanctioned by the Pov team, due to
be release by Walnut Creek.

Did this ever make into the market place and if so what is
the title ?

Anybody get a copy and if so how was it ?

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

I  remember seeing something in the POV3.1 documentation saying that a
new CD would be available sometime early this year.
Come to think of it, I think there's actually a button on one of the
toolbars labelled CD's.

Stephen Brooker

Ken wrote:

> I noticed the official Pov-Ray CD is no longer available
> at aussie.org.
>
> Anybody know if there is a new version in the works and if
> so what kind of time frame is involved before it is released.
>
> Also there was talk, posted by the admin team here, of a
> new un-official CD, unsanctioned by the Pov team, due to
> be release by Walnut Creek.
>
> Did this ever make into the market place and if so what is
> the title ?
>
> Anybody get a copy and if so how was it ?
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

>> Also there was talk, posted by the admin team here, of a
>> new un-official CD, unsanctioned by the Pov team, due to
>> be release by Walnut Creek.

  We received word that Walnut Creek changed their minds last year about
producing an unofficial POV-Ray CD-ROM.

- Alan
"Do you expect me to talk?" - James Bond
"No, Mr. Bond... I expect you to die!" - Auric Goldfinger
                                         "Goldfinger" (1964)

>Anybody know if there is a new version in the works and if
>so what kind of time frame is involved before it is released.

I hope to get it out before the end of the millenium. Perhaps even this
century ...

>Did this ever make into the market place and if so what is
>the title ?

Nope, they pulled out (which was a good thing IMO).

Post a reply to this message

> >Anybody know if there is a new version in the works and if
> >so what kind of time frame is involved before it is released.
>
> I hope to get it out before the end of the millenium. Perhaps even this
> century ...

... or which ever comes first.

>Did this ever make into the market place and if so what is the title ?
> Nope, they pulled out (which was a good thing IMO).

I could tell by the tone of the server wide warning message that
you were not impressed with their plans.

Thanks for the feed back.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet