POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Try this...a new discovery? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Try this...a new discovery? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: Try this...a new discovery?
Date: 1 Feb 1999 06:34:45
Message: <36b59155.0@news.povray.org>
Hi group,

I don't know wether I've stumbled upon something previously unknown here, but the next
time you are tracing an image with radiosity enabled, click and hold your left mouse
button on the slider to the right of the editor as the radiosity pass is being
calculated.
I get a MASSIVE speed up! For example, before, on a 320x240 image, it took 1 minute
and 8
seconds to calculate. Using my *click 'n' hold* method, it took just 14
seconds!!!!!!!!!
This may well be a Windows only *feature*, or maybe it's just on my machine, or maybe
I'm
going insane and imagining it all, but it certainly seems to work with no ill effects.

Let me know what you think.

Andy
and### [at] acockerfreeservecouk

Post a reply to this message

You're not the first one to discover this; it was already discussed
somewhere (don't exactly remember which group/thread). It thad sth. to
do about Windows incorrectly updating the progress indicator during
mosaic preview.
So it's still possible that you're sane ;)

Margus