POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Rendering Night Skies Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Night Skies (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Saif Ansari
Subject: Re: Rendering Night Skies
Date: 16 Jan 1999 16:00:39
Message: <36A0FE75.1C09@frontiernet.net>
Well, the point that surrealism and realism are sisters that can't
really find a compromise, but will exist as complimentary fields has
already been made, and I would point to the recent line of images on
p.b.i in the vein of unreality-rendering that one is just as pleasent to
create and view than others.  So I'll stop talking about it.
	To the question of wonderous skies, well, I live in a suburban area and
the stars are pretty numerous and brilliant ... but a lot of times, the
surreal beauty of an evening comes not from some galactic spread, or
space dust, or flaring supernova but from local atmosphereic
phoenomenan.  Storm clouds racing across the moon, lightening painting
the darkness silver, rain piercing the darkness with pinprick of
reflected moonlight, a passing airplane, low-flying crafts... I don't
think we need to apply cosmetics to the night-sky - she's beautiful
already :)

--
Saif Ansari
	Choking on the dust of humanity