POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Piper 1.0 Beta Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:39:01 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: Piper 1.0 Beta (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Weber
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Piper 1.0 Beta
Date: 8 Jan 1999 22:55:01
Message: <3696d315.0@news.povray.org>
I recently developed a small tool for use with POV-Ray.
Its called Piper and you can get it at
www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/pines/8625
What is it?
Its a Windows application and does two things:
1.  Makes a camera path using b-spline (a smooth line) that is editable in
three dimensions and displays
the path in a 3D window.  It also comes with appropriate POV-Ray macros for
animating camera movement.

2. You can make a cylinder using the b-spline.

I don't have much time to make any help or tutorial files (Wife, job, house,
two kids & one more on the way....)
Please download the zip file and see if it works.  It may need a dll file or
two.  Let me know.  Good luck everyone, have fun and please post your
animations!!!

Mike

--

Mike
xmw### [at] millennianetcom - remove the x for replies

Post a reply to this message

> I recently developed a small tool for use with POV-Ray.
> Its called Piper and you can get it at
> www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/pines/8625
> What is it?
> Its a Windows application and does two things:
> 1.  Makes a camera path using b-spline (a smooth line) that is editable in
> three dimensions and displays
> the path in a 3D window.  It also comes with appropriate POV-Ray macros for
> animating camera movement.
>
> 2. You can make a cylinder using the b-spline.
>
> I don't have much time to make any help or tutorial files (Wife, job, house,
> two kids & one more on the way....)
> Please download the zip file and see if it works.  It may need a dll file or
> two.  Let me know.  Good luck everyone, have fun and please post your
> animations!!!
>
> Mike
>
> --
>
> Mike
> xmw### [at] millennianetcom - remove the x for replies
> For 3D pictures and animations
> http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/pines/8625

With a little obsessive searching I found the download at:

http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/pines/8625/piper/

The link at his site is incorrect.

--
Ken Tyler

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

Oh-Oh! Your piper.html does not exist, so says GeoCities.

Mike Weber wrote:

> I recently developed a small tool for use with POV-Ray.
> Its called Piper and you can get it at
> www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/pines/8625
> What is it?
> Its a Windows application and does two things:
> 1.  Makes a camera path using b-spline (a smooth line) that is editable in
> three dimensions and displays
> the path in a 3D window.  It also comes with appropriate POV-Ray macros for
> animating camera movement.
>
> 2. You can make a cylinder using the b-spline.
>
> I don't have much time to make any help or tutorial files (Wife, job, house,
> two kids & one more on the way....)
> Please download the zip file and see if it works.  It may need a dll file or
> two.  Let me know.  Good luck everyone, have fun and please post your
> animations!!!
>
> Mike
>
> --
>
> Mike
> xmw### [at] millennianetcom - remove the x for replies
> For 3D pictures and animations
> http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/pines/8625

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob

Post a reply to this message

> Oh-Oh! Your piper.html does not exist, so says GeoCities.

It wasn't too hard to find.... try :

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8625/piper/piper.html

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Post a reply to this message

Hopefully after you download, it will actually work!!!!

Mike