POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Year, New Problem ( Fog and transparency ) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:39:01 EDT (-0400)
  New Year, New Problem ( Fog and transparency ) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Lars W
Subject: New Year, New Problem ( Fog and transparency )
Date: 2 Jan 1999 09:46:29
Message: <368e3145.0@news.povray.org>
Hi

I have an problem, when using Fog with transparent Objects,
the Fog is not working behind the transparent Object, is there
a chance to correct that problem ( best without Media cause i use
it already in my scene and i takes that much computing time )

greetings by Lars Wolter
Homepage : www.snafu.de/~lars.wolter
E-Mail : lar### [at] snafude

Post a reply to this message

> I have an problem, when using Fog with transparent Objects,
> the Fog is not working behind the transparent Object, is there
> a chance to correct that problem ( best without Media cause i use
> it already in my scene and i takes that much computing time )

Make the transparent objects hollow.  None of the media or media-like
effects work when the viewing ray passes through a non-hollow object
before hitting the media.

Regards,
John