POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do I Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:32:09 EDT (-0400)
  How do I (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Sascha Bohnenkamp
Subject: How do I
Date: 30 Dec 1998 05:33:44
Message: <368a0188.0@news.povray.org>
... get the old samples (POV 3.0) rendered with POV 3.1?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: How do I
Date: 30 Dec 1998 06:00:42
Message: <368A0773.8FA70B0@pacbell.net>
Sascha Bohnenkamp wrote:

> ... get the old samples (POV 3.0) rendered with POV 3.1?

  Some of them just wont work in 3.1 due to changes in the code.
Halos and atmosphere for example are now obsolete and there is no
backward compatability. In other cases you need to add some syntax
changes to get them to work or try using the version directive.

One of the major syntax changes was the addition of the simi-colon
for declared parameters e.g.

#declare Red = rgb <1,0,0>;
#declare CC  = 1.1075;

The use of ior has been moved from the finish statement into a
new statement called "interior" so for glass objects your code
would now look something like:

sphere { <0,0,0>,1
 pigment { rgbf<1,1,1,1> }
  interior { ior 1.37 }
   finish { "finish stuff here" }
}

The word refraction has been discontinued.

  Hope this helps and good luck.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

> > ... get the old samples (POV 3.0) rendered with POV 3.1?
>
>   Some of them just wont work in 3.1 due to changes in the code.
> Halos and atmosphere for example are now obsolete and there is no
> backward compatability. In other cases you need to add some syntax
> changes to get them to work or try using the version directive.
>
> One of the major syntax changes was the addition of the simi-colon
> for declared parameters e.g.
>
> #declare Red = rgb <1,0,0>;
> #declare CC  = 1.1075;

Most of the syntax changes can be accomodated through the
use of "#version 3.0;" at the top of the file.

Dan