POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : animated media explosion example Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  animated media explosion example (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Matthew Bennett
Subject: animated media explosion example
Date: 29 Dec 1998 17:47:01
Message: <36895be5.0@news.povray.org>
I just couldn't resist attempting to animate the original still image of the
media explosion (see my previous post).

Just as a note to people reading this in povray.general - I realise there
are probably better newsgroups to post these "advertisements" in - but I'm
mainly posting them here as quite a few people appeared to be having
problems with media explosions earlier on, and media in general.  Though
what I've produced is far from perfect, I hope it'll be a help if someone
was looking for a practical example :)  ..Thought I'd better say that in
case someone gets stressed ;)

Anyway, check out the mpeg animation (411kb) at:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/explo1.mpeg

And/or get the full POV source (.pov, .inc and .ini) from:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/explopov.zip
(requires Nathan Kopp's lens flare include as supplied with Moray 3.1 - you
may need to adjust the directory given in the .pov source).

If you watch the ending carefully, you should be able to see the remains of
the shockwave coming towards you.. I love that bit ;)  Shame I couldn't
really upload the original 3.8mb AVI :)

Feedback is very much welcome :)

Matt

--
Author of the DataCloak file encryption utility:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/datacloak.html

Post a reply to this message

> I just couldn't resist attempting to animate the original still image of the
> media explosion (see my previous post).
>
> Just as a note to people reading this in povray.general - I realise there
> are probably better newsgroups to post these "advertisements" in - but I'm
> mainly posting them here as quite a few people appeared to be having
> problems with media explosions earlier on, and media in general.  Though
> what I've produced is far from perfect, I hope it'll be a help if someone
> was looking for a practical example :)  ..Thought I'd better say that in
> case someone gets stressed ;)
>
> Anyway, check out the mpeg animation (411kb) at:
> http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/explo1.mpeg
>
> And/or get the full POV source (.pov, .inc and .ini) from:
> http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/explopov.zip
> (requires Nathan Kopp's lens flare include as supplied with Moray 3.1 - you
> may need to adjust the directory given in the .pov source).
>
> If you watch the ending carefully, you should be able to see the remains of
> the shockwave coming towards you.. I love that bit ;)  Shame I couldn't
> really upload the original 3.8mb AVI :)
>
> Feedback is very much welcome :)
>
> Matt
>
> --
> Author of the DataCloak file encryption utility:
> http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/datacloak.html

 Ooooh !  Aaaaah ! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

The crowd goes wild.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

> I just couldn't resist attempting to animate the original still image of the
> media explosion (see my previous post).
>
> Just as a note to people reading this in povray.general - I realise there
> are probably better newsgroups to post these "advertisements" in - but I'm
> mainly posting them here as quite a few people appeared to be having
> problems with media explosions earlier on, and media in general.  Though
> what I've produced is far from perfect, I hope it'll be a help if someone
> was looking for a practical example :)  ..Thought I'd better say that in
> case someone gets stressed ;)
>
> Anyway, check out the mpeg animation (411kb) at:
> http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/explo1.mpeg
>
> And/or get the full POV source (.pov, .inc and .ini) from:
> http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/explopov.zip
> (requires Nathan Kopp's lens flare include as supplied with Moray 3.1 - you
> may need to adjust the directory given in the .pov source).
>
> If you watch the ending carefully, you should be able to see the remains of
> the shockwave coming towards you.. I love that bit ;)  Shame I couldn't
> really upload the original 3.8mb AVI :)
>
> Feedback is very much welcome :)
>
> Matt
>
> --
> Author of the DataCloak file encryption utility:
> http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/datacloak.html

It's fantastic.
I'm even going to try to understand the code... 8-)

Remco

Post a reply to this message