POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : my attempt at an explosion (using media) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  my attempt at an explosion (using media) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Matthew Bennett
Subject: my attempt at an explosion (using media)
Date: 27 Dec 1998 13:40:27
Message: <36867f1b.0@news.povray.org>
Finally, after attempting to figure out how media works, I've managed to
make an explosion I'm fairly happy with.  It's obviously rather basic still,
as I've just done it as a media test this afternoon...

I've also used media to create green "pulses" that I thought looked cool,
and added a faint sort of "shock wave" sphere on the outer edges of the
explosion.  Nathan Kopp's lens flare include (as a Moray plugin) was also
used.

Yes, I know there's not *actually* any object being blown-up ;)

Feel free to check it out at
http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/explosion1.jpg  (142kb, 512x384)

It was created using Moray 3.1 only (ok, so maybe that's cheating a little -
with it having such a good material editor ;).  If you're interested, the
.mdl can be found at:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/explosion1.mdl  (5kb)

Feedback is most welcome :)

Matt

--
Author of the DataCloak file encryption utility:
http://www.btinternet.com/~bennett/datacloak.html

Post a reply to this message