POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: plane equation Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Q: plane equation (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Q: plane equation
Date: 21 Dec 1998 19:28:38
Message: <367EE601.D3ED6744@peak.edu.ee>
Could somebody help me out here...
How can I define a plane in POV code? That is, if I give three coordinates to
a macro, what equation defines the points lying on the plane defined by these
3 coordinates? (Sheesh, that was messy...)
Let's say, I define 3 points. I now want to find a point at some equal
distance fom 2 of these points - and lying on the plane defined by the 3
points. How do I accomplish this?

My math is failing me...

Margus

Post a reply to this message