POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: max_trace_level with POV 3.02? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Q: max_trace_level with POV 3.02? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Swift
Subject: Q: max_trace_level with POV 3.02?
Date: 16 Dec 1998 08:54:39
Message: <3677BB5F.1450C804@fanpro.com>
Hi there!

Most of my scenes use many reflective and colored transparent surfaces,
but when I increase the max_trace_level-value to 35 for example, POV for
Win 3.02 crashes when rendering the scene (invalid page fault at
0157:0041ba9c). Under DOS (also 3.02) it works fine until a value of 35
or 40, above that I got a crash, too.

Is there a way to increase the max_trace_level to 40 or more? And why do
both programs crash with higher values?

Thanks...!

 ... swift (tobias wiersch)

Post a reply to this message