POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray 3.1 for Unix Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:46:40 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3.1 for Unix (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: Mark Radosevich
Subject: Re: Povray 3.1 for Unix
Date: 7 Jan 1999 02:57:38
Message: <3694696F.BDD8EDFC@randolph.spa.edu>
Ken wrote:
> Without putting down what you say too much but many a
> comapany has gone out of business because of the attitude
> "we have always done it like that why change now".
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Fortunately, few of us are here for the money.

-Mark R.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 7 Jan 1999 02:58:56
Message: <369468C6.B5371C2@pacbell.net>
Mark Radosevich wrote:

> Fortunately, few of us are here for the money.
>
> -Mark R.

I was generalizing.
--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

From: povray org admin team
Date: 7 Jan 1999 08:38:06
Message: <3694b8bb.15070171@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>George Ganoe wrote:
>

>> Compuserve has been POV-Ray's home since its beginning.  I think
>> the long time members feel more at home there, and are used to
>> the mode of operations available to them there.  There are some
>> features of Compuserve that don't exist to my knowledge on the
>> internet which are useful to the team.
>>
>> You may be right that the majority of networked programming and
>> raytracing is currently on the internet, but when POV started,
>> Compuserve had more users than the internet.
>>
>>                 George
>
>Without putting down what you say too much but many a
>comapany has gone out of business because of the attitude
>"we have always done it like that why change now".

Compuserve provides us with a comfortable and private environment with which we
are all comfortable. There are no advantages for us in giving that up.
Therefore we choose to keep it.

Post a reply to this message