POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: spheres and cones Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:40:51 EDT (-0400)
  Q: spheres and cones (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: Q: spheres and cones
Date: 14 Nov 1998 14:42:48
Message: <364ddd38.0@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to *smoothly* connect two different sized spheres with a
cone?
It would be nice with a macro so I only have to write something like this:
smoothcone (vector 1, radius 1, vector 2, radius 2)

Thanks,

Rune S. Johansen
http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to *smoothly* connect two different sized spheres with a
> cone?
> It would be nice with a macro so I only have to write something like this:
> smoothcone (vector 1, radius 1, vector 2, radius 2)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rune S. Johansen
> http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

  I have not seen a macro for this but there is a program called
CTDS or Connect the Dots Smoother that does exactly this.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

There is a macro to do this in John Van Sickle's
"Useful Macros" file, "mac.inc".

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Post a reply to this message

> There is a macro to do this in John Van Sickle's
> "Useful Macros" file, "mac.inc".
>
> Dan

And the URL for those macro's =
http://www.erols.com/vansickl/povray.htm

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to *smoothly* connect two different sized spheres with a
> cone?
> It would be nice with a macro so I only have to write something like this:
> smoothcone (vector 1, radius 1, vector 2, radius 2)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rune S. Johansen
> http://hjem.get2net.dk/rsj

Go to :
http://twysted.net/macroscope/

and download the macro "Connect".

Regards.

( Diego Krota   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/2419 )
(      Never do anything you wouldn't be caught dead doing      )