POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Frenzy Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Media Frenzy (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Warren Mann
Subject: Media Frenzy
Date: 5 Nov 1998 10:54:56
Message: <3641CA64.79F4EE0A@sound.net>
I'm having some trouble with "media."  I have a triangle mesh of a human
form.  If I apply a pigment to, scale, translate and rotate the object,
it will appear at a certain size at a certain position.

If I use the same object with a glowing density and apply the same
transformations as above, in the same order, the object does not appear
in the same location and is not the same size.  The density is applied
prior to any transformations and so, as I understand the documentation,
it should transform the same as the first object...

The object is one unit wide, slightly more than a unit tall, and
slightly less than a unit deep.  A pigmented version scaled by 4 is
about the same size as a densitied version scaled by about 1000.

Am I confused about transforming densitied objects?  Is this a problem
with using an interior with a mesh?

Please Help!

Thanks,
Warren Mann