POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Conversion from other formats? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Conversion from other formats? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Will Francis
Subject: Conversion from other formats?
Date: 26 Oct 1998 16:30:08
Message: <3634E9F7.98EF1EA5@amat.com>
I have a need to convert alternate file formats to .pov files.  I'm
using Solid Designer (high end 3D CAD package) for work, but would love
to render the output from my files.  I have downloaded and looked at
AC3D, but it will not allow me to import .wrl files or others without
registering....any alternatives?

I can output in .pkg, .wrl, STEP and IGES formats.  Any help on this
would be greatly appreicated.

Will

Post a reply to this message

RhinoCad 3d will import IGES and export as POV meshes. The files get pretty
big on export but it workd well.

Will Francis wrote:

> I have a need to convert alternate file formats to .pov files.  I'm
> using Solid Designer (high end 3D CAD package) for work, but would love
> to render the output from my files.  I have downloaded and looked at
> AC3D, but it will not allow me to import .wrl files or others without
> registering....any alternatives?
>
> I can output in .pkg, .wrl, STEP and IGES formats.  Any help on this
> would be greatly appreicated.
>
> Will

James P Crombie
Summerside PEI Canada