POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows 95 query Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:37:11 EDT (-0400)
  Windows 95 query (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: povray org admin team
Subject: Windows 95 query
Date: 16 Oct 1998 09:27:13
Message: <36273b5c.10755545@news.povray.org>
Quick question for those of you who can answer:

Does a standard (i.e. installed straight off the CD, nothing else added)
Windows 95 system (as originally released back in 1995) have the font 'Lucida
Console' installed by default ?

For that matter, does Windows 98 have this font either ?

Post a reply to this message

> Quick question for those of you who can answer:
>
> Does a standard (i.e. installed straight off the CD, nothing else added)
> Windows 95 system (as originally released back in 1995) have the font 'Lucida
> Console' installed by default ?
>
> For that matter, does Windows 98 have this font either ?

My windows 98 install put the following in my fonts directory and
each are dated this year :

Lucida Console
Lucida Sans Unicode
Lucida Sans Italic
Lucida handwriting Italic

I can no longer check on the win 95 version.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

Windows 95 did not install those fonts on my system.

povray.org admin team wrote in message
<36273b5c.10755545@news.povray.org>...
>Quick question for those of you who can answer:
>
>Does a standard (i.e. installed straight off the CD, nothing else added)
>Windows 95 system (as originally released back in 1995) have the font
'Lucida
>Console' installed by default ?
>
>For that matter, does Windows 98 have this font either ?

Post a reply to this message

>Does a standard (i.e. installed straight off the CD, nothing else added)
>Windows 95 system (as originally released back in 1995) have the font 'Lucida
>Console' installed by default ?

No.  The Lucida font is part of the "Microsoft Plus" pack...

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message