POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is 3.1 better? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Is 3.1 better? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Julius Klatte
Subject: Is 3.1 better?
Date: 11 Oct 1998 16:54:12
Message: <36210ce4.0@news.povray.org>
Maybe this is a stupid question, because updates should be
improvements, but I just wanted to know if pov3.1 is worth
the downloading time with a slow connection...

If yes, what is so great about it? I've noticed the new
macro's, but I've never needed anything like that (yet).

TIA

JK

Post a reply to this message

> Maybe this is a stupid question, because updates should be
> improvements, but I just wanted to know if pov3.1 is worth
> the downloading time with a slow connection...

Yes.

> If yes, what is so great about it? I've noticed the new
> macro's, but I've never needed anything like that (yet).

Once you learn how to use macros, you will become an addict.
They are too useful....

..as are #local variables (except for the global typing "feature").

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Post a reply to this message