POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to save jpg from POV- Ray Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  how to save jpg from POV- Ray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Magnor Eikeland
Subject: how to save jpg from POV- Ray
Date: 30 Aug 1998 17:03:08
Message: <35e9affc.0@news.povray.org>
Maybe this sound stupid, but can someone tell me how to save Ray-Traced
images into for example jpg formats or other actual formats

Kind regard
Magnor

Post a reply to this message

From: K  Tyler
Subject: Re: how to save jpg from POV- Ray
Date: 30 Aug 1998 17:25:04
Message: <35E9B4AD.74B64EDD@pacbell.net>
Magnor Eikeland wrote:

> Maybe this sound stupid, but can someone tell me how to save Ray-Traced
> images into for example jpg formats or other actual formats
>
> Kind regard
> Magnor

    Pov-ray outputs .tga targa file format images.
It also allows you to output .bmp if your system allows this
as well as png. It will not however output .jpg files. To get
.jpg's you will need a piant program or image file conversion
program. Many pov users including myself like to use
Paint Shop Pro. It's a shareware product and for features it's
loaded for bear.

K.Tyler