POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help! Can anyone figure this math? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Help! Can anyone figure this math? (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Philippe Debar
Subject: Re: Help! Can anyone figure this math?
Date: 5 Sep 1998 18:18:16
Message: <35f1aa98.0@news.povray.org>
Thank you very much Alain, your answers will be very usefull. I like
the inscribing rectangle idea very much...

Would you know if this is the only answer, or one from a set of
solutions? This is not very important, it is only idle curiosity.

Thank you again

Povingly

Philippe

Post a reply to this message

> Thank you very much Alain, your answers will be very usefull.

You're more than welcome.(Useful only takes one 'l' by the way).

> I like the inscribing rectangle idea very much...

Well, parallelepiped, not rectangle.

> Would you know if this is the only answer, or one from a set of
> solutions ?

This has to be the only one because you give two points and two
tangeants, therefore there can only be one solution.

> This is not very important, it is only idle curiosity.

That is exactly what is good : curiosity.

> Thank you again

Welcome again.

> Povingly

And same back.

> Philippe

By the way, I'm French, so if you have a problem chating in English,
mail me up in your own language ;-)I just thougth this might benefit
others, so I kept it all the way in English.

Cheers,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.