POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: 3.1beta Bug Report Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.1beta Bug Report (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: K  Tyler
Subject: Re: 3.1beta Bug Report
Date: 6 Aug 1998 19:30:54
Message: <35CA2052.CCA6E41@pacbell.net>
I'll put it simply without wit witticism this time
.
If you or someone else would like to debate the funcionality
or shortcomings of a feature in POV-Ray I'd be happy to
contribute in any way my experiance level will allow.

On the other hand if I discover what I suspect to be a bug in
the software, that can affect the functionality of the program
for all users,  and I feel that after exhausting the available options
to work around the suspected bug, I will deal with it through
the recommended official channels. As was already pointed
out, by the POV-Ray Mac programmer on this thread, this is
not the place to post POV-Ray programing bug reports. If we
want them to listen to us about possible problems they expect
us to make it as easy as possible for them to recieve them.
This is especialy true when they are in the beta stages of an
offical revision to the software.

K.Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> I'll put it simply without wit witticism this time
> .
> If you or someone else would like to debate the funcionality
> or shortcomings of a feature in POV-Ray I'd be happy to
> contribute in any way my experiance level will allow.

The difference between discussion of feature shortcomings and
discussing bugs may be very diffuse. After lengthy discussion
on a newsgroup it may well turn out that (all think) it's a
bug.

> On the other hand if I discover what I suspect to be a bug in
> the software, that can affect the functionality of the program
> for all users,  and I feel that after exhausting the available options
> to work around the suspected bug, I will deal with it through

Usually after having discussed it with others. That's why
I second Al: don't close the door!

> the recommended official channels. As was already pointed
> out, by the POV-Ray Mac programmer on this thread, this is
> not the place to post POV-Ray programing bug reports. If we
> want them to listen to us about possible problems they expect
> us to make it as easy as possible for them to recieve them.
> This is especialy true when they are in the beta stages of an
> offical revision to the software.
>
> K.Tyler

-Hans-

-----
Remove n.o-s.p.a.m. to obtain my real address.
-----

In seeking the unattainable,
simplicity only gets in the way.
-- ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982