POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anaglyphs and stereograms Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Anaglyphs and stereograms (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jon S  Berndt
Subject: Anaglyphs and stereograms
Date: 28 Jul 1998 01:25:52
Message: <35BD5435.95224644@hal-pc.org>
I highly recommend the new National Geographic magazine which just came
out (in the mail). It's got some of the red/blue 3D pictures of the
Martian surface from Pathfinder as well as some fascinating 3D pictures
of the sunken Titanic at its resting spot. I wonder how such 3D images
might be made with Povray? Has anyone tried it?

jon

Post a reply to this message

>I highly recommend the new National Geographic magazine which just came
>out (in the mail). It's got some of the red/blue 3D pictures of the
>Martian surface from Pathfinder as well as some fascinating 3D pictures
>of the sunken Titanic at its resting spot. I wonder how such 3D images
>might be made with Povray? Has anyone tried it?

There is a 3D picture (cross-eye type-of-thing) made entirely in POV-Ray (no
post-processing) in the "Great Engineering Achievements" round of the IRTC
(www.irtc.org) - it shows the chinese wall.
It also says how it is done (a clever trick with mirrors).

Johannes.

Post a reply to this message

>I highly recommend the new National Geographic magazine which just came
>out (in the mail). It's got some of the red/blue 3D pictures of the
>Martian surface from Pathfinder as well as some fascinating 3D pictures
>of the sunken Titanic at its resting spot. I wonder how such 3D images
>might be made with Povray? Has anyone tried it?
>
>jon

Go to the ftp.povray.org and get DTA2.2 this is a post processing program
for creating  fli/flc autocad animation files it can also create the red
blue images for the glasses. You can also so make red/blue 3d movies. Check
it out!