POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in transparant objects? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in transparant objects? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jonathan Hunt
Subject: Bug in transparant objects?
Date: 28 Jul 1998 20:39:58
Message: <35be614e.0@news.povray.org>
In the following scene there are 3 almost transparent cylinders, none
of which intersect.  Where the light is passing through all three
there is a nasty black area.  Is this a bug?  Or am I doing something
very silly and haven't noticed?

camera { location <0, 5, -10> look_at <0, 0, 0> }
background { color rgb<1, 0, 0> }

cylinder { <-5, 0, 0>, <5, 0, 0>, 1
  pigment {color rgbt<1, 1, 1, 0.98>}
}
cylinder { <-5, 0, 2.2>, <5, 0, 2.2>, 1
  pigment {color rgbt<1, 1, 1, 0.98>}
}
cylinder { <-5, 0, 4.4>, <5, 0, 4.4>, 1
  pigment {color rgbt<1, 1, 1, 0.98>}
}

All the best,

--
Jonathan Hunt
J.H### [at] oaktreecouk

Post a reply to this message

(or some number greater than 5, which is the default).

Silly?  Perhaps.  But I wasted hours making the same
mistake.

Dan

Jonathan Hunt wrote:

> In the following scene there are 3 almost transparent cylinders, none
> of which intersect.  Where the light is passing through all three
> there is a nasty black area.  Is this a bug?  Or am I doing something
> very silly and haven't noticed?

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Post a reply to this message