POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dispersion with pov? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  dispersion with pov? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
Subject: dispersion with pov?
Date: 12 Sep 1998 14:47:07
Message: <35FAB5B8.1414@t-online.de>
Hi folks,
I want to simulate the dispersion of a ray of light. Therefor I want to
build a spectroscope in PoV. The parts are a aperture, a collimator, a
prism and a screen. My problem is how to divide the white ray of light
into the different other colours (red to violet).
If this problem is FUNDAMENTAL NOT TO MANAGE with PoV, please tell me a
name of a program with which I could manage the dispersion.
 My first experiment (without a result) was to put the camera behind the
screen. The screen was half-impermeable for light, so that I could look
through it and the whole scene. Could someone tell me how to create a

I hope, that you can help me, because it is important for my project at
school.
I have no permanent access to the Internet.

Please answer per eMail.

Thanks, Martin Kielhorn.

Post a reply to this message