POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SERVER MOVING - PLEASE READ Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  SERVER MOVING - PLEASE READ (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: povray org admin team
Subject: SERVER MOVING - PLEASE READ
Date: 11 Jun 1998 15:19:44
Message: <35802cb4.2778735@news.povray.org>
Because this server has become so popular it is consuming too much bandwidth in
its existing location. Because of that, it is probably going to move somewhere
else - exactly when, we can't say. This may or may not cause downtime. If the
server becomes unavailable for an extended period over the next week or so, you
will at least know the reason.

We will post info at

  http://www.povray.org/groups.html

as and when it becomes available.

We hope that the new site will be much faster than this one.

-- Admins

Post a reply to this message

Man, now I have to learn how to create bookmarks with this browser.  Sorry about
all the hits guys, but these newsgroups are just too cool...and to think you
weren't sure if they would get any traffic when you first set it up. :)

-Mike

povray.org admin team wrote:

> Because this server has become so popular it is consuming too much bandwidth in
> its existing location. Because of that, it is probably going to move somewhere
> else - exactly when, we can't say. This may or may not cause downtime. If the
> server becomes unavailable for an extended period over the next week or so, you
> will at least know the reason.
>
> We will post info at
>
>   http://www.povray.org/groups.html
>
> as and when it becomes available.
>
> We hope that the new site will be much faster than this one.
>
> -- Admins

Post a reply to this message