POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray color depth problem - Please help. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Povray color depth problem - Please help. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jeffrey D  George
Subject: Povray color depth problem - Please help.
Date: 7 Jun 1998 11:46:10
Message: <357AB5C2.927902A4@texas.net>
I am rendering lovely images that display properly when I use the
-display option, but the output is saved in 8-bit color. (Correct
format--ppm --but incorrect color depth.)

I don't understand why this is happening. I have set the output file
type to PPM, so it should be 24-bit color. The following lines are in my
.ini file:

  Output_To_File=On
  Output_File_Type=P
  Bits_Per_Color=8

Any ideas?
OS: Linux (Latest Pre-Debian 2.0 Release)

Thanks,
Jeff
--
jge### [at] texasnet