POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rpg terrain Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Rpg terrain (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Oliver Batchelor
Subject: Rpg terrain
Date: 31 May 1998 18:24:57
Message: <3571D8B8.1A01A5C3@netaccess.co.nz>
Hello, I am trying to make a graphical rpg type game in 16 bit color,
with the land rendered in pov, a top down or isometric perspective
(havent devieded yet)  and I need to know the best way of rendering
land  in POV.

thanks,

|                      Oliver
Batchelor                                                   |
|          Email :
Bat### [at] netaccessconz                                         |
|Homepage :
http://users.netaccess.co.nz/Batch/                           |
|_________________________________________________|

Post a reply to this message

From: KillFile/Denjor
Subject: Re: Rpg terrain
Date: 31 May 1998 20:36:56
Message: <3571F7A8.90D6D4F9@ssvec.org>
Read up on Heightfields in the help.  They are the best way, bar
none, to make terrain in POV.  There are several useful programs for
producing them, like wilbur, and Terrain Forge, Terrain Maker.
http://www.dhc.net/~swallace/pg2.htm

KillFile

Oliver Batchelor wrote:

> Hello, I am trying to make a graphical rpg type game in 16 bit color,
> with the land rendered in pov, a top down or isometric perspective
> (havent devieded yet)  and I need to know the best way of rendering
> land  in POV.
>
> thanks,
>
> --
> |                      Oliver
> Batchelor                                                   |
> |          Email :
> Bat### [at] netaccessconz                                         |
> |Homepage :
> http://users.netaccess.co.nz/Batch/                           |

Post a reply to this message

From: KillFile/Denjor