POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star backgrounds Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Star backgrounds (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Sam Minnee
Subject: Star backgrounds
Date: 5 May 1998 04:03:58
Message: <354EC7EE.908FB978@paradise.net.nz>
Does anyone know how to do a good starry sky type background.  Granite
methods don't usually look good when antialiased
--
Sam Minnee                              / \ A standing O from mr email!
    mailto:smi### [at] paradisenetnz        \o/ (Mr e-mail?  Can you think

Do you see what I see, do you feel what I feel, do you know what I know,
or do you think I'm just a little bit crazy!

A little bit! I'm totally insane!

Post a reply to this message

I got a good star effect by using a sky sphere and an image map.
The only problem was the image map needed to be 2000x2000 to produce good
enough looking starts at high resolutions.  Still... it gave my scene (and
animation) the effect it needed :)

Hope that helps,

Matt

Sam Minnee <smi### [at] paradisenetnz> wrote in article