POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DEM Question Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  DEM Question (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Denjor
Subject: DEM Question
Date: 22 Apr 1998 00:22:34
Message: <353D7089.96132A93@ssvec.org>
What exactly is the difference between the different types of dems?
Resolution?  if so, which is the highest in res?
    I'm talking about the 7.5 minute, or the 15 minute, or the 2 arc
second, or the 1 arc second.

Post a reply to this message

Works just like the time on a clock.  The smaller the distance (angle on
a sphere in this case), the greater the resolution.  Therefore, a 7.5
minute dem would have a greater resolution than a 15 minute, and a 2 arc
second would have even more.

-Mike

Denjor wrote:

> What exactly is the difference between the different types of dems?
> Resolution?  if so, which is the highest in res?
>     I'm talking about the 7.5 minute, or the 15 minute, or the 2 arc
> second, or the 1 arc second.

Post a reply to this message

Thanks for the info.  Just what I needed.