POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Connection costs Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Connection costs (Message 21 to 21 of 21)
From: DENEUX johann
Subject: Re: Connection costs
Date: 10 Jun 1998 07:31:35
Message: <357E6E97.33E9@univ-mulhouse.fr>
Anthony Bouttell wrote:

> This may not be the most appropriate place to ask this question but:
>
> I notice that quite a few of the users are from Europe and I was
> wondering how you tele-comm charges compare to mine, ( Canada ).
>
> I use a cable modem ( up to 500 Kbs ) and it smokes!!
I use a "phone" modem (connected at 31600 bps)
> I get charged $55 per. month for 1Gbyte of traffic and 24hr/day
> connect time, ( this is cool because I can connect to my home machine
> from work) + 3-Email addresses and 5mbytes of storage on the providers
> server.
I have to pay 70 F (14 $ ?) per month to my isp, that provides me:
	10 Mo for HTML pages
	Unlimited connection time
	1 Email address

> I've heard most that most of the users in Europe are basically screwed
> blue by their telecomms. Is this true ? How do my charges compare to
> yours ? What about the US, how do your charges compare ?

The cost of 1 hour conection is ~ 1.5 $

Each month, I receive (my parents ;-)) a bill of ~30 $ (for ~ 10 h
/month).

Nice, isn't it ? :-|