POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lens Flares Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Lens Flares (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mathias Broxvall
Subject: Lens Flares
Date: 8 Feb 1998 12:04:13
Message: <1d44uxc.jkzvxa1p7lnqwN@dialup170-2-15.swipnet.se>
I want to have "Lens flares" in my scenes. Ie that
special effect you see when a (real) camera is pointed
towards a lightsource. *Very* common in scenes from Lightwave
and some other commercial raytracers. Does anyone know if
this can be implemented in povray. If not, whats the physics
behind it, maybe it's possible to write a patch?

/ Mathias Broxvall

Post a reply to this message

Chris Colefax wrote one. You can find the internet adress in the email
send by Mr Colefax on february 2.

Gilles.

> I want to have "Lens flares" in my scenes. Ie that
> special effect you see when a (real) camera is pointed
> towards a lightsource. *Very* common in scenes from Lightwave
> and some other commercial raytracers. Does anyone know if
> this can be implemented in povray. If not, whats the physics
> behind it, maybe it's possible to write a patch?
>
> / Mathias Broxvall

Post a reply to this message

> I want to have "Lens flares" in my scenes. Ie that

try this out..

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flare30b.zip' (19 KB)