POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [POV] Selective Rendering Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  [POV] Selective Rendering (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: François LE COAT
Subject: [POV] Selective Rendering
Date: 14 Nov 2000 07:26:47
Message: <3A113018.38BF2359@lami.univ-evry.fr>
Posted for mailto:hel### [at] freefr

Hi all,

I'm working, and I've been working for more than six years on a POV III
modeller on ATARI platforms. I would like to suggest you the following
proposal for the next versions of POV.

Raytracing kernels are well known for their relative slowness in the
rendering computation. Why not to use the solution of the selective
raytracing, that is used by the other famous renderers.

I think that there would be a large gain in computation time, and
that it would be a great pleasure for images designers, and
furthermore for animation designers.

Please consider my sincere salutations,

Friendly,

Emmanuel

| Emmanuel BARANGER - helijah : ATARI TT030 6Mb       |||
| Author of EB Model 3                               / | \
|
| The official site of EB Model 3 :
| http://ebmodel3.atari.org or http://helijah.free.fr
|
| Member of 3D french ring
| http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.g/index.html